LAST NIGHT----My twin sister and I along with our best friends participated in a very unforgettable SNAP (special needs activity program) activity that I am certain will forever stay close to our hearts. Everyone was divided up into three separate groups to reenact stories from the Book of Mormon and let me tell you it was an experience like we never had before.
AFTERWARDS---All of us gathered into the relief society room and watched every group perform their stories from the Book of Mormon for everyone to watch. I really liked the creativity and inspiring ways everybody took their reenactments from a book that we all love so much. I was grateful for all of those many laughs and smiles we shared together with everybody who was involved in making this such an unforgettable experience for us.
One of the most spiritual parts for me about this activity was walking into the cultural hall and it was dimly lit so you could still kind of see what was in front of you, but there was also a very big picture from the book of mormon projected onto the overflow curtains. I still didn't know what was going on at the time, but shortly after everyone was settled into their seats and waited for what was going to happen next. I also noticed pictures of the Savior that were displayed on tables and still not having any idea what was in store for us.
LONG STORY SHORT---One of the SNAP leaders arranged either through the church or Motion Picture studios to have an actor whose voice we heard come onto the overhead speakers and it was not until I noticed this actor wearing pure white clothing with a beautiful spotlight shining on him decipting the Savior. I felt the spirit testify to me in this spiritual moment that Jesus Christ lives and directs his church in these latter days. This actor walked out in front of everybody and asked if anyone that felt comfortable with him blessing as well as healing us. I did not hesitant for a second as he walked up in front of me and my friends to perform this miracle, I hopped out of my seat to wrap my arms around him in this big hug where I did not feel any sort of physical pain I had been experiencing whatsoever which if you ask me was an answered prayer in so many ways.
This whole experience was truly one of the most profound things that I had ever been a part of and knew that our Savior loved me more than I could ever describe into words. I also in the most gentle way laid my head down on his shoulder while everyone in the crowd out of the blue started to cheer and instantly began giving me a round of applause. I quietly said out loud that "This must be what Heaven is going to be like for all of us when we get there and I can hardly wait to meet my Savior when that day arrives."
In this very moment---I felt like the Lord was going to take me by the nad and lead me to where I needed to be on the covenant path back to my heavenly home. I knew in my heart that no matter the circumstances we are ever up against in our lives I am never going through it alone. I was able to have my faith in him provide me a sense of hope that he is in the details of just not only my life, but in all of the many lives of every single one of his beloved children.
******************************************************************************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment