Monday, June 22, 2026

Leadership Role

 





















LONG STORY SHORT----I was approached by a friend last week while attending a SNAP activity and asked if I would become the official chair person for advocacy first at my independent living center. It is definitely an incredible opportunity to step into another leadership role where I can put my skills to good use and make an impact in the lives of people with disabilities. I am obviously nervous about whether we need to have someone who is diligent to serve as our next upcoming vice chair person as well as having a secretary who can take good notes in our meetings. 


I am truly honored to be given this opportunity and have something to look forward to once a month while making the disability community a better place. I will need to get some training in preparation for this new role that I have politely accepted to take charge in and have all set up before the next time we have another chance to meet again. I have taken on many different leadership roles for almost ten years and loved every single minute of it with leaving an imprint on the heart of those I had the privilege to serve alongside as I learned new things. I was grateful for the many friendships I made with so many people who have a lot of passion in making their voices heard no matter the circumstances they are going through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment